I made every excuse to avoid finding a therapist. I don’t have enough time. Therapy costs too much. I can handle this on my own. It’s too hard to find someone. But at the end of the day, I knew getting help from a professional was the only way I was going to feel better and I needed to make it work.
Cynthia Catchings, LCSW-S, and Virginia-based licensed Talkspace therapist, shared that clients who are ready to succeed in therapy usually show the following signs:
- Tired of a situation
- Tired of the negative emotions affecting them
- Desire to be seen as soon as possible
- Follow up with scheduling subsequent sessions
- Attend sessions on a regular basis
- Arrive on time and are eager to participate
- Receptive to suggestions from the therapist
What Is The Time Commitment?
Usually therapists meet with clients weekly or once every two weeks. However, there is no one-size-fits all approach as it depends on your unique needs and goals. Some forms of therapy require daily sessions!